Monday 4 October 2010

Right Hand Search!

Wind moved into the south today but it didn't seem to have much impact on migration. Several visitors were pleased to finally get the Arctic Redpoll, on Lerness and some cracking photos were obtained. The ringed Bluethroat remained at Setter and one person reported a flyover Crossbill. I was on SE census where the highlight was a 'loco' in Schoolton Ditch which on flushing I assumed was the Lancey but it looked too big, too long-tailed. I flushed it again and confirmed it as a Gropper!! Bird of the day however did not come to light until the evening, when I was shown a photograph of a first-winter Little Gull!!!!
Another good sighting was a GBB Gull wearing a yellow darvic ring and black lettering, which reminds me that yesterday there was a Barnacle Goose with a faded green/blue darvic and black lettering.

The couple of hours before tea was spent fumbling around the village hall in a fire suit, heavy boots, big helmet, thick gloves and with breathing apparatus strapped to my back, trying to find a casualty. It was very hot and sweaty - and that's without a hint of a fire!! All in case one day there should be a fire!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List